Sunday, November 8, 2009

I love fall and Thanksgiving

Isaac and Noah get along even with competing t-shirts
There is no greater time than fall with leaves, cool weather, and football!
Jumping in the leaves is the best!

This is a great time of year. The fall leaves are beautiful and I can even drive my neighbor crazy by letting my leaves blow into his pristine yard. (He blows off his lawn at least once if not twice each day.) The weather is pleasant and cool. What a great time to be outside. On this day Isaac was here from Virginia and he, Noah and Cooper had a wonderful time playing and having a wonderful time outside. It is amazing how many different games they come up with. Noah is very creative.
I love Thanksgiving. It is the best holiday of all. It is a time when you can reflect on your blessing, get a great meal (or several) and be around family. Even in this time of economic trial in the nation we have so much to be thankful for. We live in a country with freedoms, beauty, and opportunity beyond all others. I am especially thankful for my family. I can't imagine life without great kids and wonderful grandchildren. Yes life can be challenging, but what a trip it has been for me and all of us. Heavenly Father has blesses us mightily.
This past week in football has been great. BYU won, Air Force beat Army, Utah won, making this a big week for TCU. Boise State is still undefeated (barely) and a perfect storm may be coming for the BCS that may be their undoing. Maybe best of all Navy beat up on NotreDame hopefully taking them out of BCS consideration.
David's Saints are awesome although losing at halftime today.
It is a great fall.

1 comment:

  1. Cute pics dad, I'm a little jealous that I didn't get to come too.

    ReplyDelete