Thursday, April 12, 2012

Updates and some pictures

I had some very good news last week. I went up to the VA hospital for my semiannual check up. They scheduled a MRI and it came out clean. That is good news. When I was first diagnosed they said the average life expectancy is 18 months to 2 years. In June I will reach 2 years since my first surgery. With a clean MRI I expect I will have longer to live.
I have overcome my case of shingles. The only casualty was my granddaughter who got chicken pox and a few week of extreme fatigue for me.
It's spring and we are glad of it. Thanks to my family I have got a lot done in the yard. We took the pond out, transplanted a bunch of plants, and generally cleaned up the yard. Thank you kids.
We have the best family and friends in the world. Thank you and may the Lord bless you.


Ethan
3 generations
Amy and Riley 
Shae and Aaron 
Pyper and Cooper
Lydia
Noah and Brooke
Randalls
Proud Grandpa (there are 16 more of them)
Shelly and Lydia
Nate and Owen
Easter Egg hunt at BYU

2 comments:

  1. Dad what fun pictures! I loved your post. It's always good to be able to share good news, and yours is the best. I expect you to be around for a long time! Love you.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You shouldn't think of Jane getting chicken pox as a casualty, you saved her from some shots!! I'm so happy your MRI was clean. We love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete