Thursday, January 14, 2010

Work is good!

Woman of the century!

Don't get in my way dude!

Just a few thoughts on work.


I am a sales person at a furniture store. For the Christmas season we had a small pool table for sale as a promotion. It isn't fancy, but a lot of people have really liked it. A display model was put on our floor for people to see and even to use. For the time that the pool table has been on the floor, my sales have been really good. Part of that is due to the Christmas season, but even after the holidays were over, I have continued to do better than average. I have a theory. When the store gets slow, some of the salespeople get bored and start to play pool on that table. At times there will be 4 or 5 salespeople playing. Now these are really good people. Most have more knowlege than I do, but I have an advantage. I have made it a policy to not get distracted at work. Even when it is slow I figure that there may be someone in the store who is ready to buy so I constantly walk the floor. It is surprising how many people you can dig out of the corners of the store. Just yesterday I had to major sales while my co-workers were playing pool. So what does this say. Never get distracted from your goals. Never give up and never surrender. Life is a challenge; it was meant to be! We can grow and profit from hard work and perseverence. When you get knocked down, get up and give thanks for all the blessings we all have.

3 comments:

  1. Go Dad! I think you sales are so good because you are so handsome! :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That old lady looks like she's about a century Old!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad, you are the man!! Mom, cute picture of you.

    ReplyDelete