Friday, October 8, 2010

The power of positive thinking

Since my second surgery we have had a whirlwind of activity. We have had a lot excitement and visitors around. I love my family and friends.
The last few weeks I slipped into something of a funk. The fact that I am taking so long to recover has discouraged me and I think I have made it harder on my family and especially my good wife.
I woke up yesterday with a new attitude. After reading my scriptures and saying my prayers I decided I have been blessed beyond any person I know. I have a family that loves me; friends that care for me; and especially the Lord who cares for me and comforts me.
So I have determined to be more positive. It has already worked. I feel better and I feel more energy. My wife and I have laughed more than in weeks. I feel the love of the Savior even more that in the past. Life is good.

4 comments:

  1. Dad, I sure love you, and am so glad you are feeling a bit better. I know we are blessed when we try to make the best of things, and have a good attitude. You certanly are doing that. I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad, you're awesome. I can't wait for you to come out here and share some of that positive thinking with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul,
    I am a blue goggled BYU fan and have been reading the cougarboards and comments. Everything has been so negative about the
    Cougs this year. I posted your story about the Thursday Heroes and how great Bronco and the guys were. It is nice to know that it is just not all about football. What great guys... and I am glad they honored you as a great fan and great man. I am so inspired as read your blog. Judi's boy Tyler got Legionnair's pneumonia and has been in ICU on a vent since Sept. 5. After Tony killed himself we just were not sure how Judi would handle everything. She was made RS president in June so her first funeral was her son and now she has been in SLC at the UofU for a month. Tyler got off the vent on Wednesday and they are hopeful that he will make it. Your courage has helped me to have faith through this trial for Judi. She has been strong and of good faith...thanks Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy, I am so sad that you have had so much tragedy in your family. I hope Tyler makes a complete recovery. Bronco is a great guy beyond football. Thanks for following my blog.

    ReplyDelete