Thursday, November 18, 2010

I am humbled.

Yesterday I received word through the RS email that an article had been written about my testimony (that I gave the first Sunday this month) in the Mormon Times by my good friend Kristine Frederickson. http://www.mormontimes.com/article/18373/A-man-who-is-thankful-for-cancer?s_cid=voices&utm_source=voices 
It is very kind and complementary to me. Kristine had said in such a beautiful way things I have been grasping at to put into words for months. Thank you Kris.
I am still thankful for cancer. I am a better parent, grandparent, husband than I was six months ago, and I am certainly more in tune with the Spirit. I know that my Redeemer lives. He has carried me. I have felt his touch both  literally and though the kind acts of prayer, love, and service rendered to my family. It is overwhelming. I know that the Savior died for my sins, but he also suffered my infirmities so he could succor my pain and grief. I testify that he has done that. He will do that for you. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen
PS. Read some of Kris' others articles. They are great!

2 comments:

  1. Dad I love to hear you bear your testimony. That was a great article! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul, Your blog posts and testimony continue to keep me humble! I am reliving quite a bit of our 2 1/2 year battle with John's brain cancer through your family. I too am not the same person I was before this life experience. The trueths of the gosple keep us focused on what really matters; Our Savior Jesus Christ and living Eternally with our families. Thank you for your example. Love Denise Hayes Jones

    ReplyDelete