Sunday, December 5, 2010

Washington and some thoughts.

On the Oregon Coast near Tillimook

It was cold and wet and fun

Grandma's the best!

Lap time with Grandpa

Homework time. I need a little practice too!

I am a little jealous of David's Lego collection!

Jodi dipping chocolates. They were fantastic.

Roma trying her hand. They were fantastic too!

Two lost teeth in less than a week.

Chillin

The new home. It is beautiful!

Before Thanksgiving Dave and Jodi invited us to visit their home. David was heading out to a two month deployment so wanted us to visit their new home before he left. They live in Lacey, WA in a brand new home. The area is beautiful if not a little wet. We drove over to the Oregon coast a day where we saw tremendous scenery and the Tillimook Cheese factory. We also spent a day in Seattle visiting several venues. We appreciate the fact that our kid take such good care of us and are willing to put up with us.
I have expressed before how I am not a patient man. With brain cancer that is not a good thing to be. Nothing happens fast. For example I have been on Steroids since my first surgery and I can't get off of them quickly even though they devastate my body with lost muscle mass, weakness, bloating and a myriad of other symptoms. The doctor has been able to reduce the dose that I take, but you can't quit them cold turkey without suffering dire consequences. So I have to be patient. I have a doctors appointment this week so I hope the doctor will reduce again the dose or maybe eliminate it. One could only hope.
I say this not to complain. I have had too many blessings for that. I only mention it because it is another lesson I am learning. As we have patience with our lot in life (with our adversity) and continue to trust in the Lord he will continue to comfort us and grant us ever greater blessings. In the Book of Mormon there is a verse that captures the thought. It is in 2 Nephi v 20 "Wherefore, ye must press  forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men, Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life" I believe that. I know that. It has brought me comfort and peace. 


2 comments:

  1. I love that scripture too. I am so proud of the way you have delt with this whole situation. I think you have shown a lot of humility and patience.

    I love your pictures with Daves family. I looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad, I'm so glad they are taking you off your steriods. We can't wait to come and stay at the end of the month. THe boys asked if they could pack their suitcases tonight!!

    ReplyDelete