Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas

Roma and I want to wish you a Merry Christmas and thank you for all the love and prayers that we have felt during this year.  It has been a tough year made easier by the love we have felt from you.  We have received so many blessings because of this trial.  You, through your goodness have shown the love of Christ through your actions.  You are truly ministering angels.  We hardly have a day go by without a token of love from our neighbors, family and friends.  Thank you.

The word has gone out that I have pneumonia.  We went to the Dr. Tuesday feeling like I had the flu.  The Dr. concurred and gave me some antibiotics in case it was bacterial. He listened to my chest and and couldn't hear anything. On the way home I developed  extreme pain under my rib cage.  I thought it was a gas bubble, but it wouldn't go away.  It subsided enough to sleep that night, but the pain came back Wednesday. We called the Dr. and the Dr. said Roma quit jumping on Paul's chest, joke. He actually said to come down for a chest X-ray. Sure enough, they discovered the signs of pneumonia. They put me on a 3 day dose of steroids and the two antibiotics. I will take a 7 day dose of one and a continuing dose of the other.  I already feel much better.  The pain has subsided and the weakness is getting slowly better. We had planned on going to St. George for Christmas. We decided we shouldn't go because of the danger of it getting worse.  So the only pain we feel now is not being able to watch the 5 grandkids open their presents. But Nate, Shelly and Owen have decided to spend Christmas night with us so we won't miss Owen opening his presents. So that will be good. Again, a very Merry Christmas to you and yours. We love you.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Dad, its Amy typing on Nates Computer since mine is down. We sure missed you and Mom this morning, but I think you made the right decision to stay home. I'm so glad you are feeling better. I cant wait to see you both in a few days. I love you so much. Merry Christmas!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting us celebrate Christmas with you. We loved being there! Love you both!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Roma and Paul,
    We hope you have a 1.1.11 ONE-derful new year. We love you and pray for you daily!
    Warmly, The Sopers

    ReplyDelete