Sunday, December 12, 2010

Last times

I have had an emotional year as we have visited our kids in Virginia, Washington State and as I have witnessed the seasons go by. I wonder when and if I will see the far away grandkids again and if I will see another Thanksgiving and Christmas. I expect I will but it weighs on me a little. My 15 1/2 grandkids are precious to me, as are the rest of my family.
When I have those thoughts I am reminded in no uncertain terms that life doesn't end here. There is a life after this. We will continue the same relationships we have here and even expand them. That gives me a lot of comfort. My family is my life. I could not bear to be without them and I don't have to. No matter if I live six months or twenty years I will continue to be able to nurture those relationships.
Upate: Friday I had a Doctors appointment. All is well. They are are in the process of weaning my off the steroids. I have one more week. The steroids have affected my body in all kinds of adverse ways and I will be glad to be rid of them. They do help with inflammation so they were a help after the surgeries, I hope once the drugs are out of my system and my body starts functioning I will be able to gain more strength and be able to become more active.
As always we appreciate your prayers and faith in our behalf. We have received so many blessings and they come through you. God Bless

2 comments:

  1. Dad, I'm so glad that you are getting off the steriods!! I am so glad we get to come out and see you and mom soon. I too am greatful for the knowledge that families can be together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to hear your testimony Dad. It helps mine be stronger. I am certain you will always be with us. Especially at important moments in our lives, and the lives of our kids. I sure love you and am so glad you will always be my Dad.

    ReplyDelete