Sunday, October 2, 2011

Baby Blessing in Lacey and some thoughts


 Thanks to our kids, brothers and sisters. and our friends we have had a wonderful year. We have prayed that I would have a season of health and the Lord has granted to us exactly that. I have had bouts of fatigue caused by chemotherapy but I have generally felt good. I won't win many races but I can still walk if there is somewhere to sit once in awhile. We have received so many spiritual blessings. Whenever we feel discouraged the Lord provides us feeling and experiences that re-energize us. I recently have been reading about the spirit and have been impressed by a passage in Romans chapter 8

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
 18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
It gives me great comfort to read this passage. If we will endure to the end believe in and trust in Jesus Christ we have great blessings in store for us.

We had a great time in Lacey with Dave's family. We always feel so comfortable there and we have a lot of fun with the kids. Amy was able to fly out so it made it more fun. Thank you Dave, Jodi, Amy, and all the kids for showing such love for us.


Amy and Jodi at Pikes place in Seattle
Pretty Molly 
The star of the show, Heidi Denise Peterson
Football Day 

School Daze
Grandma loves her Grandkids 
Army Pete

2 comments:

  1. Oh Paulywog!! I miss your sweet smiling face!! You are such a good man who has touched my life!! I am very lucky to have worked with you!! I hope that you are doing well, and my prayers are with you and your sweet family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Dad, that was such a fun trip. I am glad I could join you and Mom in some of your travels this summer. I love to hear your testimony. I always stengthens mine. Love you!

    ReplyDelete