Saturday, June 12, 2010

Early morning

It's 4;25 AM and I am wide awake. The birds are trying to wake everyone else too but around this house it's just me. All around this house people are exhausted from worrying and serving me and Roma. The birds are glorious. It's been like this since I've been home from the hospital. I go to bed and sleep for maybe two or three hours. Then when I awaken for various things, I can't go back to sleep. I lay there in bed trying not to disturb Roma (who is an angel meeting my every wish and need) and think and think. I have not solved any problems such as the state of politics and the economy, but I have straightened out myself to some small extent. I have learned several small lessons. I might share them with you from time to time. I hope I don't come off more righteous than you. I'm not. It is just that I have been learning a few lessons.
For instance last night I caught the thought that I might just have the excuse to be a little bitter. I let a storm of indignation enter my body. It did't feel good. Satan's thoughts never do. I next caught the thought that that has buoyed me up from the beginning of this journey. That is one word; PEACE. In my first prayer offered in response to this challenge I had the overwhelming feeling that I would be all right; that God has a plan for me. It brought peace to my soul. Now I don't think that means that I have have given up. I will fight this to the end. What this does mean is I will accept God's plan for me; no matter what. I have given a lot of thought to Jobs words in Job 19: " 25 For I aknow that my bredeemer liveth, and that che shall dstand at the latter day upon the earth:
26 And though after my skin worms destroy this abody, yet in my bflesh shall I csee God:
27 Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold." I believe that. I know that. You and I will stand at the latter day and bow in reverence before the savior and redeemer. He has conquered all.

The birds are singing. They are God's birds.


1 comment: