Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Real Hero

I'm getting in trouble for this post, but it is worth it. I am married to the most fantastick woman in the world. Through all this trial she has been rock. So too are my sons and daughters and their spouses. I couldn't ask for more. I just sit around here like a rock star being waited on hand and foot.
Well last night as we had finished are prayers I snuggled into bed. Roma snuggled right next to me and began sobbing. Not sobbing for herself, but for me. She said that she was not strong last night and couldn't bear to see me go through what I eventually may have to go through. I was thinking just the opposite. My biggest worry is that she has toughest row to howe. She always has to keep it together. She is the face of the family. Until I rehabilitate my voice she speaks for me. She has been strong and she will continue to be. Ours is an eternal marriage. I believe that. I know that. We can come out on the other side of this trial better than before. That process has already started. Prayers have more meaning. The spirit is closer, and our love is deeper. Please keep her in your prayers. I cherish her and honor her.
I have a new favorite scripture. Romans 8: 38-39 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2 comments:

  1. You are like 2nd parents to me growing up. I am so sorry you have to go through this. You (and your whole family) will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom is pretty awesome isn't she?! So are you dad!

    ReplyDelete