Sunday, June 13, 2010

In the arms of love.

We don't get all the kids together very often. When we do it is a perfect storm. Last night was one of them. One of the kids (Tommy) had been out of town all week on business. Everyone else was here, but my oldest daughter needs to return to her family this morning early. The kids decided it was time to take a family picture of Roma and I and the five children so we made a makeshift studio down in the basement. Tommy's luggage was a problem, so he was a little later than expected.
I was sitting downstairs with the rest soaking up their love and sharing feelings. When Tommy did arrive the party started. Silliness reigned. I believe we did get a few good pictures, but what I took away from that experience was the love of a family. The importance of family. I am picturing that same family doing the same things 20 years ago . The scene was similar. The same silliness reigned. There was the same love. I hope and trust that isn't the last time that we will get together as a family unit in this life, but I will treasure that experience forever. Family is forever. Family is about love. God is Love.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that although no longer living in the ward, I still remain in touch with so many friends there. I was so sad to hear what happened Paul, and my prayers are with you and Roma during this time. As you rest and heal, know that you are being thought of and we hope for a quick recovery.
    ~Barb Shillingford

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul, we want you to know how much we love you and our prayers are with you. We are grateful you can share through your blog. What tender thoughts on family. May you heal quickly and receive miracles in your healing. Lots of love, Kirk and Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad, it is so comforting to read your blog. It is great to be able to laugh. Love You!!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so grateful for your example, the love of your family shows us what amazing parents you and Roma are... Please know that you all remain in our prayers and your brighten our thoughts with your shining example and strength! Lots of love, the Butters

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dad, I love you. Thanks for sharing these thoughts. I will be forever grateful that I was able to share this week with you and mom. Our family is very lucky, it is always so wonderful to be together, even during tough times. But we can do hard things can't we!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paul, even though weren't "tall Paul" you are a giant of a man. This is just one of those bumps in life. Thanks for sharing your wonderful thoughts on your family. They are pretty awesome. Love you alll and pray for the Lord's richest blessings to attend you. Love, Lynn and Edy Pehrson

    ReplyDelete