Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Torture chamber

They need to hold my head perfectly still while they radiate my head. So they have prepared a mask that they will strap on me during each treatment. There is a lot a physics that goes into the process so this has been quite interesting. I glad I'm not claustrophobic. I have to admit today as they were making adjustments that I became a little anxious as time went on. The normal time for my daily radiation will be only 15 minutes or so.

I have completed my course of steriods. I am glad that is done. I can now get a good nights sleep, but I will miss the alone time that I have had in the middle of the night. I need to continue to set aside time for deep thinking.

3 comments:

  1. You look like the man in the iron mask! We sure love you dad, your the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow Dad! I'm glad you arent claustrophobic too. There is no way I could do that. They would have to put me out! You do kinda look like tha man in the iron mask. But mostly you are just The man! I am so excited to see you and Mom again this weekend. Love ya,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that makes me panicky just looking at it. I am glad it only takes 15 min.

    ReplyDelete