Friday, June 25, 2010

Radiation Begins Monday

The clinic was able to do the prep word faster than expected, so I begin radiation and chemo Monday morning. I will go each work day. I get July 5th and 24th off. The chemo I take each night at bedtime along with a nausea pill. They are confident that I will tolerate the chemo well. I will lose my hair permanantly where the radiation enters my skull and where it exits so I will shaving my head beginning next week. I think I will let my grandkids do it this weekend. According to my dad God only made so many perfect heads and they belong to bald people. Roma is skeptical of that statement.
I have to admit I am a little anxious about this coming month. So much depends on how this goes. I would solicit your prayers in my behalf. I still have a calm spirit about the situation. The mercies of the Lord have been with me continuously. I am so thankful. Your prayers are felt more than you will ever know.

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe their starting already. We'll be praying for you out here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad, after my 12 mile run I wanted to die. It was so hard. I called you and you said "you can do hard things." That has become my private motto. You can do hard things too. It's gonna suck, but have no doubt that you'll do it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad we are praying for you, and love you so much. Dont worry about your hair. You have a great head!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul, This is your cousin Kathy, aka Katy, I'm so glad Peggy told me about your blog! Hang in there cous! Your faith will pull you through. Remember the children of Alma and their burdens. It was not that the burden was gone, it was that they could handle it. thanks so much for your courage and attitude. I will be praying every day for you!

    ReplyDelete